THERE IS NOTHING LIKE...
Have you ever felt or said - "There's nothing like......" (you fill in the rest of that thought). For me there are several things that qualify. Some of these things that "There is nothing like" are a good night's rest, chocolate chip cookies and milk, quality time with family and friends, singing, playing your favorite instrument or sport and enjoying your favorite meal.
Scripture speaks to this and says there is nothing like - finding the right words to say at the right time. Proverbs 15:23 is the actual verse and reads - "A person finds joy in giving an apt reply-- and how good is a timely word!"
Also, The Bible deals with relationship as nothing like having. Relationship is what we were created, built and wired for, especially relationship with God. God is an abundant giver and has given us relationship with His Son, Jesus, which is enough, but even moreso others like immediate family, friends and for this husband - my wife.
Thank The Lord, I do not have a quarrelsome or adulterous wife otherwise my living conditions would be horrific. Let's observe the negative descriptions of the wife from Proverbs first.
- Proverbs 19:13-14 - a quarrelsome wife is like the constant dripping of a leaky roof. Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.
- Proverbs 21:9, 19 - Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife. (9) Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife. (19)
- Proverbs 23:27 - for an adulterous woman is a deep pit, and a wayward wife is a narrow well.
- Proverbs 25:24 - Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.
- Proverbs 27:15 - A quarrelsome wife is like the dripping of a leaky roof in a rainstorm;
- Proverbs 18:22 - He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.
- Proverbs 12:4 – Wife with noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is the decay in his bones.
- Proverbs 31:30 - Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
- Proverbs 31:10-11 - A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.