Did you know God has a Heavenly library? If you thought you have no privacy, you are correct. God is everywhere and His angels that surround us are not only interested spectators but participators of God's will for our lives. In addition to to this ever watchful care over our lives, God has our days numbered in a book, plus our good and bad deeds
are not only remembered but recorded or written down.
Our days are numbered in a book according to Psalm 139:16 - "Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Our deeds are recorded in books, plural, according to Revelation 20:12 - "And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books."
The following are names of Heavenly books and where you can find them in Scripture.
The Book of God
- Exodus 32:32-33
- Moses knows of God's accounting process and tries to intercede for the Hebrew people. God confirms this special book, but says the people must answer for themselves and the book will be registered accordingly.
- Psalm 69:28
- Philippians 4:3
- Revelation 3:5; 17:8; 20:12; 20:15
- The book before Christ personalized it as The Lamb's Book of Life. If your name was found here, your eternal relationship with God was secure. If your name was not here, the influence of the Antichrist, False Prophet and/or Satan himself or your flat out denial of Christ's gift was a likely reason.
- Daniel 7:9-12
- This is a future court scene that includes open books testifying against the Antichrist.
- Daniel 10:21
- This book is a book of prophecy that is given to Daniel by the angel Gabriel that lasts to the end of the book of Daniel.
- Daniel 12:1
- Part of the prophecy in the Book of Truth mentioned above that deals with Daniel's people, the Jewish people, whose names are written in the book, will be delivered.
- Revelation 13:8; 21:27
- The Lamb's Book of Life seems to be directly connected to the narrative of Christ and His bride, the Church. The Book of Life mentioned in earlier Scripture becomes possessed and/or personalized by Christ after His sacrifice and resurrection and after the Church's Rapture!
So, what is crucial is a relationship with Jesus Christ through faith in Him as your personal Savior, Master and King. Not only will faith in Christ grant you redemption with Father God and citizenship into the New Kingdom and New Jerusalem, but belief in Jesus and a life with Him will get your name written for all eternity in God's Library.