Practitioner Of His Power
Christians are charged with sharing The Gospel or Good News of Christ Jesus according to Matt. 28:16-20. But when will believers in Christ return to a more regular, daily flow and demonstration in God's power?
God's power must be evident in the believer's life and displayed to complement the Salvation message and one's testimony. Paul's life and his words in 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 sets a great example of executing more than The Great Commission. Here is what Paul said to the believer's in Corinth -"And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power."
- Oz = strength; might (Ps. 62:11)
- Ischuros (is-khoo-ros) = powerful; forcible; mighty; superior to man in strength (Matt. 3:11)
- Dunamis = force; might; strength; explosive; dynamite (Matt. 13:54; Luke 4:36; Luke 9:1; Luke 10:19)
- Cheir (khire) = the grasping by the hands literally/figuratively of control or soveriegnty (John 13:3)
- Yad (yawd) = means, direction; potential influence - see James 3 for the power or influence of the tongue. (Prov. 18:21)
- Stay in God's Word
- Be sensitive to and obey the Holy Spirit's leading
- mental, physical and spiritual nourishment
- recalling His promises