SUN AND SON
The sun is shinning. Whether we want it to or not; whether we can tell it or not; whether we acknowledge it or not - the sun still shines.
- Around the shadow of a great structure the sun shines. The sun's rays along with the size of the structure creates the shadow.
- On a cloudy day, the sun still shines. The sunlight penetrates the clouds enough to notify us that daytime is still here.
- When night-time comes, we are the ones who move, the sun does not move, the sun is still present, shinning it's light for others.
The Son is present. Whether we want Him to be or not; whether we can tell it or not; whether we acknowledge Him or not - The Son is always present.
- In the deep valleys of life and the deepest valley of all - He is there. "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;" (Psalm 23:4)
- I might not see His hand in a situation; my life's vision may be distorted by outside influences, but "I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us (me) from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)
- When I backslide, show my backside, or turn my back on God because of my lack of faith, He remains the ultimate example of steadfastness. "...if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself." (2 Timothy 2:13) As a boy's father once said to Jesus, so I say to Him also - "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24)
- "I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life."
- "The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light." (Revelation 22:3-5)